Bogus Basin has extended its early season pass sale until Thursday, Feb. 28. Season passes start at $229, a $30 increase over previous years. The sale was scheduled to end Sunday, Feb. 24.
Here’s the intel from Bogus Basin:
The Boise-area ski area says it has just completed the strangest pass sale of its “affordable” pricing history.
When the sale began Feb. 18, Bogus had 35 inches of snow at its base. The first day of the pass sale was very slow, about half of normal sales.
As the week progressed, however, the ski area received nine inches of new snow. The pass sales increased dramatically. Bogus says sales were above normal on the final day of the sale (Sunday, Feb. 24).
And it was snowing Monday.
“As we all know, snow changes everything for Bogus,” Bogus Basin General Manager Alan Moore said. “We just want to make sure that no one is left out that would have bought a pass with the changed conditions.”
• People can buy the 2013-14 season pass now and use it for the rest of the current season.
• To buy a pass, go to bogusbasin.org, the office, 2600 Bogus Basin Road, or call 332-5162.
• Feb. 18-Feb. 28: $229, individuals (12-69); $916, families; $59, 7 to 11; free, preschool/seniors (6 and under and 70 and older).
• Feb. 29-March 31: $259, individuals; $1,036, families; $59, 7 to 11; free, preschool/seniors.
• April 1-Sept. 30: $299, individuals; $1,196, families; $59, 7 to 11; free, preschool/seniors.
• Oct. 1-Nov. 30: $389, individuals; $1,556, families; $59, 7 to 11; free, preschool/seniors.
• Dec. 1- during season: $429, individuals; $1,716, families; $59, 7 to 11; free, preschool/seniors.