Wednesday is the first day of spring!
The City of Boise wants to help you clear out the extra leaves, trimmings and other yard waste left over from last year. There will be two weeks of unlimited curbside trash service from April 1 to April 12 (no overflow stickers required).
Here’s what you need to do:
- On your regular trash day, set out extra trash in 20-32 gallon containers at least 3 feet from recycle and trash carts. You can also put yard waste in paper leaf bags. (Trash set out in plastic bags or in unapproved containers will not be collected).
- Set out bundled tree branches less than 4 feet long (under 65 pounds) next to leaf bags and overflow cans.
- If you have more recyclable materials than will fit into your cart, use a small cardboard box. Label it “RECYCLING,” and set it next to your blue recycling cart.
- Call Republic Services at 345-1266 to schedule collection of large items (sofas, refrigerators, etc.). This free service is available year-round.
- Put used motor oil in transparent, one-gallon jugs for collection (2 gallons per week) next to your trash cart.
- Have hazardous waste to dispose of? Check out this site for more information on how to do that.
Have questions? E-mail email@example.com, or call 384-3901.