Tickets are now on sale for the Sept. 4-6 “Transforming America: Women and Leadership in the 21st Century,” at Boise State University and sponsored by the Andrus Center for Public Policy.
Former Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor will be honored by the Andrus Center at a Sept. 4 reception. Tickets for that evening alone are $115. Tickets for all three days are $175. Organizers say they expect the event to sell out. For ticket information click here.
Sept. 5 will offer a full day of speakers, including a luncheon keynote by O’Connor, the first woman to serve on the U.S. Supreme Court. Day 2 will also include a Q & A with other presenters and an evening keynote. Morning coffee and refreshments, lunch and hors d’oeuvres in the evening are included in the ticket price.
Sept. 6′s schedule includes morning and early afternoon speakers; morning coffee and refreshments and lunch are included.
So far, the list of speakers includes the following, and others are promised, according to the Andrus Center, founded by former Idaho Gov. Cecil Andrus after he completed his fourth term in 1995:
- Sandra Day O’Connor, former Supreme Court Justice, (keynote speaker and 2013 Andrus Leadership Award recipient)
- Teresa Carlson, vice president, Worldwide Public Sector, Amazon
- Karen Crouse, The New York Times sports columnist and golf writer
- Anne Taylor Fleming, “PBS NewsHour” commentator and reporter, associate director of the Sun Valley Writers Conference
- Alexandra Fuller, internationally-acclaimed novelist
- Gabrielle Giffords, former Democratic Congresswoman from Arizona
- Dr. Caroline Heldman, professor, author, television news commentator
- Tami Longaberger, chair of the board and CEO, Longaberger Company
- Bonnie McElveen-Hunter, former Ambassador to Finland and chairman of the Board of Governors of the American Red Cross
- Barbara Morgan, former NASA astronaut and Teacher in Space participant
- Ellen Ochoa, astronaut and director of the Johnson Space Center
- Deanna Oppenheimer, international banking expert and CEO, CameoWorks