Award-winning television reporter Ben Swann will keynote the event with a Saturday lunch talk titled, “Liberty is Rising: Truth in Media.”
Sen. Russ Fulcher, R-Meridian, who is exploring a run against two-term GOP Gov. Butch Otter, will follow Swann. Fulcher is scheduled for a panel titled, “Crony Capitalism: Privatized Gains, Socialized Losses,” Saturday at 1:30 p.m. at the Red Lion Downtowner in Boise.
Swann has won two Emmy Awards and two Edward R. Murrow awards for his reporting.
The Liberty Expo is presented by the Republican Liberty Caucus of Idaho, whose board members include former Libertarian and marijuana legalization advocate Ryan Davidson. Now an Idaho GOP official, Davidson helped organize a failed effort last year to overturn Mitt Romney’s win in the Idaho Republican presidential caucus and award delegates to Ron Paul.
The Boise event is the last of three in Idaho; earlier meetings were held in Coeur d’Alene and Pocatello.
Other speakers include: Rep. Mark Patterson, R-Boise, on gun rights; Idaho Freedom Foundation Executive Director Wayne Hoffman, also on crony capitalism; former Republican state Senate candidate Gresham Bouma on preparing for social and economic collapse; and John Birch Society organizer Dale Pearce, on the Rio Principles, a United Nations environmental initiative. Pearce is a brother of Idaho Sen. Monty Pearce, R-New Plymouth, who is one of four lawmakers supporting Bryan Smith’s challenge to 2nd District GOP Congressman Mike Simpson.
General admission is $35, with higher ticket prices including a VIP reception with Swann Friday at 7 p.m. Student tickets are discounted. Details follow in a news release:
The Treasure Valley Liberty Expo with Ben Swann
Presented by the Republican Liberty Caucus of Idaho
The Treasure Valley Liberty Expo plans have been finalized…. Here is the schedule! You won’t want to miss your last opportunity to take in one of the 2013 Idaho Liberty Expos with Ben Swann! If you missed the North Idaho Liberty Expo in Coeur d’Alene or the East Idaho Liberty Expo in Pocatello this is your last chance. Don’t miss out!
Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner
1800 W Fairview Ave, Boise, ID 83702
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 8TH
VIP Reception (w/Ben Swann) 7-9 PM — $15
*Includes admission & appetizers. No Host Bar — Register Online
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 9TH
Registration: 8 AM
Workshops Begin: 9 AM SHARP! — Register Online
- 9:00 AM — PATRIOT ACADEMY
*Presentation by Elizabeth Allen Hodge
- 9:25 AM — FEDERATION OF COLLEGE REPUBLICANS
*Presentation by Domenic Gelsomino
- 9:35 AM — LIBERTY & THE MILLENNIAL GENERATION
*Presentation by Domenic Gelsomino
- 9:50 AM — COMMON CORE: FEDERAL TAKEOVER OF K-12 EDUCATION
*Presentation by Stephanie Froerer Zimmerman & Stacey Knudsen
- 10:35 AM — THE RIO PRINCIPLES: AGENDA 21 & HOW IT AFFECTS YOU!
*Panel discussion: Karen Schumacher, John Martinez, Todd Hatfield, Dale Pearce
- 11:25 AM — WAGING WAR ON AMERICANS: IS THE POLICE STATE HERE?
*Panel discussion: Jeff L. Wright, Connor Boyack, William N. Grigg, Lee Arthur Rice II
- 12:15 PM — LUNCH BANQUET — LIBERTY IS RISING: TRUTH IN MEDIA
*Presentation by Ben Swann
- 1:30 PM — CRONY CAPITALISM: PRIVATIZED GAINS, SOCIALIZED LOSSES
*Panel discussion: Wayne Hoffman, Connor Boyack, Gresham Bouma, Russ Fulcher
- 2:30 PM — WESTERN ANGER: FEDERAL CONTROL OF STATE LANDS
*Presentation by Idaho County Commissioner, Jim Chmelik
- 3:30 PM — YOUR RIGHT TO KEEP & BEAR ARMS
*Panel discussion: Rep. Mark Patterson, Alan Hodge, Greg Ferch, William N. Grigg
- 4:30 PM — IS THE COLLAPSE IMMINENT? WHAT YOU CAN DO TO PREPARE
*Panel discussion: Jeff L. Wright, Greg Ferch, Gresham Bouma, Alex Barron
- 5:40 PM — A CONVERSATION WITH BEN SWANN
*Special student session with Ben Swann
REGISTER TODAY! TICKETS AVAILABLE ONLINE
WORKSHOPS With or Without Lunch Banquet
- General Admission (Includes Lunch Banquet) — $50
- General Admission (No Lunch Banquet) — $35
- Student Admission (Includes Lunch Banquet) — $25
- Student Admission (No Lunch Banquet) — $10
- FRIDAY NIGHT VIP RECEPTION — $15