The Idaho Community Foundation (ICF) grant cycle for southwest Idaho, which is Ada, Adams, Blaine, Boise, Camas, Canyon, Cassia, Elmore, Gem, Gooding, Jerome, Lincoln, Minidoka, Owyhee, Payette, Twin Falls, Valley and Washington counties, is now open.
Deadline to apply is July 1.
In 2013, ICF awarded nearly $202,000 to 98 nonprofit organizations through this grant cycle. New and previous applicants are encouraged to apply.
Organizations may apply for up to $5,000. Individuals are not eligible for the regional grant program. Grant areas include, but are not limited to:
- Arts and Culture
- Emergency Services
- Social Services
- Public Projects
In general, ICF favors activities that:
- · Reach a broad segment of the community, especially those citizens whose needs are not being met by existing services that are normally expected to be provided by private rather than government sources
- · Request seed money to realize unusual opportunities to meet urgent needs in the community
- · Stimulate and encourage additional funding
- · Promote cooperation and avoid duplication of effort
- · Help make a charitable organization more effective and efficient and better able to sustain itself over the long term.
Grant awards will be decided by the Southwest Regional Grants Panel, which is comprised of community volunteers from counties in the southwest region. Distribution of grants is scheduled to begin in December.